Thursday, June 3, 2010

the truth is, every night is lonely without you ; three

It's been forever, but lately it's been hard, like when we took your parent's car, and drove forever in the dark, I'd give it all away if I could I see you once again and have a summer love, growing close and never go



I woke up and trudged into the kitchen. Ally was making herself breakfast and a pot of coffee.

“I’ll have some” I spoke up sitting at the table.

“Okay, did you--HOLY SHIT!”

“What!?” I exclaimed looking around.

“What did you do?” she said quieting her voice, “your hair”

“Oh…yah…I needed a change” I shrugged taking the piece of toast from her hand.

“So you just…cut it!?”

I just nodded, “Yes, and I’m thinking about dying it too…”

“Julie, what’s going on?”

“There’s too much that reminds me of him” I sighed, “I need to get rid of it all, even if it means the hair that I know he loved…”

She just stared at me dumbfounded, “if you’re sure”

“I’m sure” I nodded.

She went back over to the stove when I heard my phone going off. I looked at the number and smiled just a bit, his parents number.

“Bonjour” I chuckled, “Mrs. Talbot, how are you?”

“Wonderful” she replied, “We miss seeing you around”

“Well…I’ve been…busy”

“Why don’t you come for a visit?” she asked.

“I don’t know…”

“Just a quick one” she replied, “it would be nice to see you again”

I sighed, “okay, maybe I’ll be around sometime today”

“We can’t wait to see you” she said.

“Bye”

I hung up the phone and set it on the table. I went to my bedroom and fished through my drawers, and found a box, sat up on my bed and opened it. I found pictures of us, stuff he gave me, we weren’t even together that long and I had a box full of stuff.

I took the box and dumped it out into my trash can. This was it, it had to be done today. It was all going to be done today.

I changed into a pair of dark ripped jeans and a black hoodie. I slipped on my black flats and made my way over to his parents place. It wasn’t a far walk.

I found myself looking at my reflection in the window of a hair salon, ironic eh? Without even thinking twice I walked in and did the unthinkable, I dyed it. I looked in the mirror at the final product. It was now Jet Black and I must say, I actually liked it.

On my way to their place, my feet automatically took me to the park, the place Max and I first met. It was the middle of June, he was with a couple of his teammates, who I didn’t know at the time. They were throwing the football around, and if it wasn’t for that football, I never would have met him.

4 months ago

I was sitting underneath a tree, listening to music, and reading Pride & Prejudice. I felt something whack me in the head and I dropped my book. I looked up and pulled my earphone out of my ear and my heart skipped a beat.

“Je suis vraiment désolé”

“I don’t speak a lot of French” I said shaking my head, “I’m not from here”

“Oh, sorry” he said, “are you okay?”

“I’m fine” I replied, “whoever threw that has bad aim”

He chuckled, “I agree”

I grabbed the ball and stood up, looking over at the couple of guys, “so those are your friends?”

He just nodded, “yah”

I wrapped my hand around the ball and tossed it in their direction, perfect spiral. I just smirked as he looked in that direction than back at me about five times, “where did you--you’re--what?”

“My dad taught me, he played and coached my brother’s team” I replied, “I couldn’t help but learn”

He just smirked, “Well you have quite an arm”

“Thank you….”

“Max” he said putting his hand out, “and you are…?”

“Julie” I replied, “Julie May”

“You have a number Julie May?” he asked flashing his million dollar smile.

“I do” I said pulling a pen from my bag, “can I see your hand?”

He put his hand out and I wrote my number on the palm of his hand. I just looked up at him and bit my lip, “Your friends are waiting”

He looked over his shoulder and then back at me, “I’ll call you”

“I look forward to it”

I watched him walk back to his friends as my head spun in a million directions. This is a first for me. Of all the guys I’ve been with it’s been through friends, work or school, but never random meeting like that, with no connection to him whatsoever. Honestly, I kind of like it.

2 comments:

  1. I loved how they met, its like the perfect fairytale romance, so happy to start my Friday morning with this, great update, cant wait to see what his parents think of her new hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. awhh i love how u flash back to stuff. n that was like a perfect meeting. cant wait for more.

    ReplyDelete